The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in collaboration with One Young World and their youth entrepreneurship initiative offers World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, to provide young leaders and entrepreneurs from these countries a place at the annual One Young World Summit.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and their youth entrepreneurship initiative, Orange Corners, are committed to investing in education and youth employment for this reason; aiming to improve prospects for young people, particularly in developing countries and fragile states, by bridging the gap between the skills young people learn and what the labour market demands.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Host Institution(s): One Young World Academy
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor, Masters & PhD
Nationality: African Students
One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship | DETAILS
The One Young World Summit 2023 will see 2,000 young leaders from 190+ countries descend to Belfast for the global forum for young leaders, during which delegates will present and debate solutions to our time’s most pressing issues alongside senior leaders. This will offer young entrepreneurs an unparalleled experience to become engaged, build on successful initiatives, and connect with other change-makers around the world.
Re-named this year as the Enterprising Futures Scholarship, the initiative has the following objectives:
- Empowering young leaders to create sustainable job opportunities in selected regions.
- Leveraging the potential of young people as widely as possible for job creation and highlighting their potential as a solution to fostering prosperous societies.
- Raising awareness of youth unemployment and sharing best practices regarding this subject.
To be eligible for Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Youth Entrepreneurship Initiative, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Aged 18 – 34 by the date of the One Young World 2023 Summit in October.
- Actively engaged in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar role (and be able to demonstrate this).
- Nationals of and residents in one of the following countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq including Kurdistan region of Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, Uganda. Please note that candidates with refugee status are certainly eligible.
- All candidates will be required to have a working understanding of English, as both the One Young World Summit and Enterprising Futures pre- and post-programmes will be held in English.
- Candidates must be available to join the programme full-time between 1 and 6 October 2023, as well as pre- and post-programme dates.
Applicants seeking for One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Access to additional events organised by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Orange Corners.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023, taking place from 2-5 October in Belfast, United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit dates.
- One night of hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process
- Additional night pre-Summit (if needed).
- The cost of travel to and from the host city of the Summit (flights in economy).
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (flight in economy).
- Travel to the visa application process (if required).
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and required travel for visa appointment).
- Catering which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation and, lunch and dinner at the Summit.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community.
Also Apply: Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2023/2024 for International Students
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, applicants should submit application online for this program.
The Dutch MFA values an inclusive and diverse environment. The Dutch MFA encourages all young entrepreneurs (rural-urban) that are eligible to apply (no matter race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, or education).
Application Deadline: June 14, 2023