If your dream is to study abroad as an international student with limited funding who is passionate about gaining quality education in a foreign country, then Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2024 can help you realize that dream.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are among the prestigious scholarships in the world distinguished by their academic excellence and by their high level of integration. The scholarship is funded by the European Union aimed at providing educational support for the best students from around the world.
The Erasmus Mundus Programme provides EU-funded scholarships for Third Country students and EU/EEA students who have applied to and have been accepted into an eligible programme supported by the programme. It also supports European top-quality Master Courses and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2024, interested applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline. That means that scholarship applicants must hold a higher education degree by January 2024 to start the programme in 2024.
- Students who have already obtained an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action. Students benefiting from an EMJMD scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their EMJMD studies.
- The list of countries whose nationals are eligible for a scholarship is presented here. A differentiation between programme country students and partner country students is applied. No more than 25% of the total number of scholarships available will be awarded to programme country students.
- The monthly subsistence allowance is not given to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15ECTS credits) spent inany Partner Country.
- Students from partner countries who have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the programme countries (EU + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland) will be considered programme country applicants according to the 12-months rule.
- For any given academic year, student candidates can apply for maximum three different joint programmes supported by the Erasmus Mundus scholarships.
- A full and timely application is required for any application to be considered.
- The student grant covers the participation costs for the programme.
- Monthly allowance for living costs.
- Contribution to travel and Installation costs.
- Grantee will receive EUR 1,000 monthly.
- Health insurance cover for 24 months.
See Also: Government of Germany Green Talents Award 2022 (Fully-Funded)
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2024 | Application Guide
Application procedures and entry requirement compliance (eligibility) tests are managed by the services of the participating University.
The admission procedure is carried out by the Joint Admission Committee of the EMHRPP, composed by the conveners and administrative coordinator of the participating university on the basis of commonly pre-determined criteria
The ranking is divided into three parts:
- academic competence (up to 40 points);
- motivation letter (up to 20 points);
- work experience and recommendation letters (up to 40 points).
The sum of all three parts can give a maximum of 100 points. Ranking is done taking into account the final score given to each candidate (from the highest to the lowest final score).
Due consideration shall be given to equal opportunity measures capable of promoting the participation of students from disadvantaged groups.
You also need to provide the documents below as they are used in the ranking process carried out by the Joint Admission Committee of the EMHRPP:
- official transcript of records in English;
- motivation letter in English, well structured, and written in clear and concise language, please use the assigned form available below;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV):
- and two letters of recommendation
The application timeline for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships 2024 takes place between 1 October 2023 and 15 January 2024. Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of the information provided to prepare their application documents well on time.