Applications are welcomed from suitable qualified women in computer science for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023 aimed at helping students pursuing computer science degrees to excel in technology and become leaders in the field.
The scholarship will provide up to 7,000 EUR award to selected students for the 2023-2024 academic session and is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Google
Scholarship Type: Partial funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: 7,000 EUR
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: Europe, Middle-East, Africa
Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university or college for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelors program at an accredited university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA) 2023 will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution
- Responses to short answer essay questions
The two short answer essay questions below are intended to assess applicant’s problem solving skills and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Each response to the two questions below should be 500 words or less.
- Write about a time when you faced a complex problem without a clear path to a solution. Describe the steps you took to get to the solution in detail. What resources and solutions did you consider? What did you learn from this experience? Keep in mind that this can be a problem you have faced at school, work, extracurricular activities or home.
- From your personal experience, describe a barrier that prevents equitable access to the field of technology. What do you believe is the root cause? What actions have you taken to address this inequity and what actions do you plan to take? Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken. Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
Application Deadline: May 16th, 2023 at 6:59 AM GMT