Applications are now open for the 2023 German Bundestag IPS Exchange Program for Sub-Saharan Africans to study in Germany. In 2023, the German Parliament is inviting highly motivated young graduates from Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to participate in the annual International Parliamentary Scholarship programme for African Countries.
The scholarship is targeted at young graduates interested in learning the German parliamentary system and play an active role in promoting core democratic values in their home countries. It will provide a four-week intensive program where participants will gain first-hand experience of the German parliamentary system and decision-making processes.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate
German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the German Bundestag Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the three participating African countries
- Must be under the age of 30 at the start of the scholarship
- Must have obtained a good university degree
- Must possess a very good knowledge of German
- An interest in politics, social/political commitment.
- Monthly scholarship of 500 euros.
- Costs of health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Costs of travel to and from Berlin.
See Also: France – South Africa Scholarship Programme for Africans
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the German Bundestag Exchange Scholarships 2023 are to send their completed online application documents by email as a PDF-file, with the file name consisting of applicant’s surname followed by applicant’s given name (i.e. surname-first name), to the German mission in their home country.
Application should be submitted in German and include the following scanned documents:
- Passport photo (please attach this to the first page of the application form.
- Application form (available at bundestag.de/ips_afrikanisch)
- Evidence of very good knowledge of German.
- Personal statement of reasons for applying (maximum of two pages).
- Copy of passport or ID card.
- Certified copy of university degree certificate.
- Letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university professor or employer, assessing the applicant’s qualification for the programme).
Application Deadline: 15 July, 2023