Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified applicants from select African countries for the 2023/24 German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships for politically and socially committed university graduates to study in Germany.
The scholarship is aimed at committed, open-minded, resilient and politically interested young professionals from Botswana, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda who want to actively and responsibly help shape the democratic future of their countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): German Bundestag
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: 16
Study Level: Masters
German Bundestag IP Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the German Bundestag IP Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Citizenship of a participating country
- Must be younger than 30 years at the beginning of the scholarship on January 1st
- Must have completed university studies
- Must possess good knowledge of the German language (at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Pronounced interest in political contexts and social/political commitment
How-to-Apply: Interested and qualified applicants for the German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships are to complete an online application and provide the required documents by the application deadline. All application should be sent in German to the German diplomatic mission in applicant’s home country.
- Application form
- Passport photo (please insert on the 1st page of the application form);
- Proof of good German language skills, not older than 2 years;
- Letter of motivation in German with your handwritten signature (maximum two pages);
- Copy of passport or copy ID;
- Degree certificate from the university in the original or as an officially certified copy in English or German. The original or the officially certified copy of the original must be presented in the event of a possible selection interview.
- A current letter of recommendation in German or English (from a university lecturer or employer, in which the professional qualification of the applicant for the program is assessed).
Application Deadline: 15th July 2023