Michigan State University through the Office for International Students and Scholars is pleased to offer its Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program to interested and exceptional students who wish to enrol for a degree program at the University.
This award is intended to encourage MSU African students (women are strongly urged to apply) to study at MSU and in turn make a contribution to the development of their country.
Grant Sponsor(s): Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program
Host Institution(s): Michigan State University, USA
Grant Worth: Up to $1,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates & Postgraduates
Nationality: African Students
Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program | DETAILS
The Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship can make at least two awards annually of up to $1,000. The number of awards made and actual award amounts depend on the quality of proposals and the resources available in the fiscal year in which funds are proposed for expenditure.
Proposals may request support for tuition or for other educational expenses such as research gathering or dissertation writing. Personal, education related or family expenses will also be considered. Proposals requesting partial support to attend a professional conference will also be considered.
To be eligible for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Africans
- Applicants must be MSU African students in good academic standing. (The grant has an emphasis toward the educational enhancement of women)
- Applicants should be MSU students on a temporary visa
- Applicants must describe the factors that suggest the likelihood of their returning to their home country
- Applicants must have demonstrated capacity to achieve their educational goals and have the assertiveness to seek further opportunities to advance their education.
See Also: Scotiabank and the Scotiabank Bursaries at George Brown College 2023
How-to-Apply: Applicants seeking for Miriam J. Kelley African Scholarship Grant Program should pleased send applications to: Office for International Students and Scholars, 103 International Centre. The application consists of 2 parts, a narrative and 2 supporting letters.
Applications Deadline: July 15, 2023