Qatar University offers International Students Scholarship to academically distinguished students who apply to undergraduate programs. Applicants for this scholarship are selected on a competitive basis.
This scholarship is highly competitive and fully-funded available for International students with outstanding academic performance who wish to enrol in undergraduate program. The applicant is requested to apply to this scholarship during the announced application period.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Qatar University, Qatar
Host Institution(s): Qatar University, Qatar
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: International Students
DETAILS | Qatar University International Students Scholarships
The applicants will be evaluated within seven weeks after the deadline of the online scholarship application. An initial conditional acceptance letter will be sent to the nominated students stating the conditions that must be met and the documents required to receive the final acceptance.
After receiving the required documents, the university will apply for visas and the students will be notified accordingly. The final admission and scholarship decisions will be sent to the students by email according to the announced timeline.
To be eligible for Qatar University International Students Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum high school average of 95%.
- Applicant must receive the final acceptance in the university.
- The applicant must meet the admission requirements for the college that they applied to.
- The scholarship should be utilized starting from the semester in which the scholarship was awarded. The start of the study can be postponed for one semester, if necessary, conditional of approval of the scholarship committee. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be cancelled and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicant must have a good reputation.
- Applicant should not get benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
Conditions for Continuity of Scholarship:
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
- Must abide to the General Conditions to keep the scholarship.
Upon receiving the applications, the scholarship committee may consider the applicant’s standard test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and in Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) or other test scores selected by the committee.
Successful applicants for Qatar University International Students Scholarships will receive the following conditions:
- Exemption from tuition fees
- Exemption from textbook fees
- 500 QR monthly salary
- Student housing (two students per room) including transportation to/from campus.
- Annual round trip air fare ticket
- Residence permit under QU sponsorship
See Also: Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for International Students 2022 (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: International students applicants may apply to this scholarship through the online admission application in the “Scholarship Application” section during the announced application period.
International students must submit the original high school transcript and required documents during the application period for international students to Qatar University to the following address:
P.O. Box 2713
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023