Applications are invited from suitably qualified Africans who are interested in developing a career in Data Science to apply for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship in Data Science for the 2023/24 academic session.
The doctoral training program as established by AIMS will provide emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct research at the forefront of data science, and work towards a PhD degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Quantum Leap Africa
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Seven
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2023) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or other relevant fields;
- Sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Motivation for pursuing a PhD by research in the suggested topic;
- Being an African national.
- Fully Funded (Stipend, equipment, health insurance, relocation costs, conference attendance, direct cost to graduating institution such as tuition fees and registration fees.
- International supervisions teams from well-known research institutions.
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for the Quantum Leap Africa PhD Scholarship 2023 are to complete an online application by the application deadline. Applicants are to note that the application process is in two phases. Phase 1 is the application and submission of all relevant documents and Phase 2 is the invitation phase where successful applicants in phase 1 will be invited to round 2 of the selection process.
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover the content mentioned in this template that applies to your case).
- Transcripts (Please submit your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant.)
Application Deadline: 14th April 2023