Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship. This program is available to international students for Master of Science and PhD programs commencing for 2023 – 2024 academic session.
Skoltech Scholarship in Russia award Significant stipends, which depend on students’ academic standing, starting at 40,000 RUR per month at MSc programs and in addition to Free medical insurance.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Skoltech, Russia
Host Institution(s): Skoltech, Russia
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master’s & PhD
Nationality: International Students
Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology | DETAILS
At Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, there are 5 reasons to apply to Skoltech:
- Enjoy courses and supervision under world-renowned scientists and engineers.
- Find significant freedom in choosing courses; design an individual study plan that allows you to obtain a modern education with a broad interdisciplinary component. Check out the possibility to choose between fundamental and applied profiles within the program.
- Experience an open dynamic international environment that brings together hundreds of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs with serious ambitions. Students and professors from more than 25 countries study and teach at Skoltech. English is our language of instruction and official business.
- Discover opportunities to visit world-leading universities and international conferences. More than 1/3 of our students have spent or will spend a semester at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and other top universities.
- Explore the integration of research, education and innovation. Discover a culture of supporting students start-ups.
To be eligible for Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship in Russia, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must enrol for Master of Science and PhD programs
- Applicants must be ready to study in full-time degree program at the institute
- Applicants applying for M.Sc program must start Admission plan 2023/24
- Applicants applying for PhD program must start Admission plan 2023/24
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency
- For Master’s programs: An appropriate bachelor’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university
- For Doctoral programs: An appropriate master’s or specialist degree or its equivalent, from an accredited university.
Successful applicants have generally received previous education and training in fields relevant to our programs, including:
- Computer science, computer engineering, computational mathematics, mathematics & applied mathematics, informatics, etc
- Physics, applied physics
- Chemistry, chemical engineering
- Biology, molecular biology, bio-engineering, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, systems biology
- Materials science and engineering
- Aerospace science and engineering, astrophysics
- Mechanical engineering
- Petroleum and gas engineering, geophysics, geology, geological engineering
See Also: University of York Postgraduate 60th Anniversary Scholarship for International Students 2023
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship in Russia, applicants should fill and submit the Students Intelligent Application Form online.
As part of the process, applicants must present the following:
- Motivation letter
- Proof of proficiency in English, i.e. TOEFL or IELTS (students may submit an application without this information, but all will be asked to provide it at a later date)
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Research proposal
- Copy of transcripts, in English (and original language) of all higher education institutions attended. In the application phase, copies will be sufficient, but official copies must be provided at a later date.
- Optional: results of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- As part of the admission process, applicants should indicate the Skoltech faculty member(s) with whom they wish to pursue doctoral studies. Applicants may review the Skoltech faculty profiles before beginning the online application on the web page of each PhD Program and get in touch (via e-mail) with the faculty member.
Application Deadline: For PhD Program: July 03, 2023
For Master’s Program: July 10, 2023