UK Governments, through the department of education has announced open the opportunity for non-UK trainees and teachers of languages and physics to access the international relocation payments (IRP) open to applicants from world over who are willing to relocate to train and teach in English schools.
The IRP is funded by the UK government and supports non-UK trainees and teachers with a payment of £10,000 and a bursary or scholarship made available to eligible applicants to assist their relocation process. Such payment covers the expenses needed to move to the United Kingdom to be train and work as teachers of language and physics.
What you Should Know
- Through the IRP offers financial support will be offered to teachers and trainees who would like to travel to train and work in English
- Applicants are invited from all over the world to take part in the opportunity
- A single payment of £10,000 is made to all qualified trainees and teachers
- Payments will be made around the end of the teacher’s or trainee’s first term.
- Eligible applicants will also receive a bursary or scholarship in addition to the IRP
- The IRP an initiative of the UK government running as a pilot in the 2023 to 2024 academic year
What the IRP Payment Cover
The payment is designed to cover:
- the costs of visas
- the immigration health surcharge
- other relocation expenses
- Teaching subject for teachers: The program is open to those who are wiling to work for an English state secondary school on a contract beginning in the 2023 to 2024 academic year and must be either;
- a physics teacher
- a general or combined science teacher (must teach the physics element of these subjects)
- a language teacher (any language is eligible except English)
- Type of visa for teachers: To come to England applicants must be eligible to apply for any of the following visas.
- Skilled worker visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme
- India Young Professionals Scheme visa
- Family visa
- UK Ancestry visa
- British National (Overseas) visa
- High Potential Individual visa
- Afghan citizens resettlement scheme
- Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy
- Ukraine Family Scheme visa
- Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme
- Date of arrival for teachers: Applicants must be ready/available to move to England no more than 3 months before the start of your job.
How to Apply
To apply for the IRP you will need, first, to apply for teaching job. You can click here to learn how to submit your application. Teachers and salaried trainees who have started their teaching job or salaried teacher training course should apply for the IRP from the Get into Teaching website. Applications are open from 4th September 2023.
Application Deadline: 31 October 2023