Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline.
These scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington. All offers of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships consist of a $29,500 per annum stipend plus domestic tuition fees for up to three years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Host Institution(s): Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Scholarship Worth: $29,500 per annum stipend
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Doctoral
Nationality: International Students
Victoria University Wellington Doctoral Scholarship | DETAILS
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- Demonstrated potential for high quality research; or
- A record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
To be eligible for Victoria University Wellington Doctoral Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants for a Doctorate (PhD)
- These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand
- Who intend to enrol full time for a Doctorate (PhD)
- Applicants who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington
See Also: PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2023/2024 (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates applying to do a Doctorate at Victoria University of Wellington and apply for funding to do so is also available from the Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research website. General information about doctoral study is also available from this website.
Application Deadline: March 01, 2023