Are you a health care worker who is passionate about improving your skills and gain valuable knowledge in your chosen field? Then apply for the African Palliative Care Education Scholarship 2023/2024.
The Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund aims to provide an opportunity to health care and social workers involved in palliative care provision or those determined to lead the development of such services to undergo specialist training.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): African Palliative Care Association & Global Partners in Care
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Institutions offering palliative care
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
African Palliative Care Education Scholarship | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the African Palliative Care Education Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Qualified nurse, social worker, clinical officer, physiotherapist, and music therapist with a degree or diploma residing and working in Africa.
- Has obtained admission to a palliative care course in an institution in Africa recognised by APCA. You must already have secured acceptance/admission to a palliative care program of study at a recognised training institution to be considered for a scholarship.
- Currently licensed and registered with a professional body of the country of the applicant as a health care worker or social worker, where applicable.
- Able to obtain full support from your place of work to undertake the course.
- Able to serve your institution of work for at least one year after completion of the training.
- Able to legibly complete the application in English or French.
- Willing to provide updates during your studies, thank you letter, video testimonial, or Zoom interview with GPIC and APCA in support of future fundraising for the scholarship fund.
- Please note that preference is given to applicants who are in their final year of study.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the African Palliative Care Education Scholarship Fund 2023 are to download and complete the relevant scholarship application form and submit to the relevant email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Filled in hard copy application forms can also be sent through courier addressed to or dropped at the African Palliative Care Association, P.O. Box 72518, Plot 95, Dr Gibbons Road, Kampala, Uganda.
Application Deadline: 22 March 2023