The Government of Mauritius through Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division) is awarding Mauritius – Africa Scholarship Scheme.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Mauritius, Mauritius
Host Institution(s): Tertiary Institutions in Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates, Masters & PhD
Nationality: African Union or African Commonwealth countries
Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme | DETAILS
The Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries. Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route.
This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
To be eligible for Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 01 January 2024
- For PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 01 January 2024
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, MPhil or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2023
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser
- Undergraduate Diploma – Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree – Four (4) years
- MPhil / PhD – Four (4) years + 6 months for the transfer from MPhil to PhD 4 PhD Three (3) years
Also Apply: Beyond Borders Scholarships for International Students 2023
How-to-Apply: To participate for the Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme, The following documents are available for download from the following websites ( and http://highereducationmauritius.com/):
- Application Form (Applicants are invited to fill in the form electronically before printing: Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in
- Guidelines for Applicants: This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where full-time on-campus studies are run.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023