The Centre for Educational Measurement at the University of Oslo (CEMO) is currently welcoming international student applicants for the Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship.
The scholarship will cover the travelling and housing costs related to a Gustafsson & Skrondal scholar’s stay at CEMO. You will in addition receive office space for free, access to appropriate technical equipment and the university library as well as free access to courses provided by CEMO.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): CEMO, Norway
Host Institution(s): University of Oslo, Norway
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Students
University of Oslo Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship | DETAILS
The visiting scholar program hosts young researchers from Norway and abroad each year to engage in collaborative research and to participate in and enrich the research community at CEMO and the University of Oslo.
All Gustafsson & Skrondal Scholars are expected to embody the principles of sound scientific inquiry and intellectual vibrancy of this namesake.
To be eligible for Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants from other areas, including intergovernmental and non-profit organizations.
- Scholars should generally hold a PhD or equivalent.
- Applications will be evaluated according to their match with CEMO’s research specializations, as well as on their research quality and plans for the stay at CEMO.
- Visiting scholars are expected to be in residence during their term, the duration of which should be around six months (at least three, at most nine months).
- Each scholar is expected to give presentations during their term on their research and to showcase the results of his or her stay at CEMO.
See Also: Linnaeus University Scholarships program for International Students 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship should pleased fill the application form online for this program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information;
Candidate visiting scholars should submit the following:
- A two-page personal statement that includes
- a description of the project that you intend to work on during your stay
- the expected outcome of your scholarship stayed at CEMO
- the name of CEMO team member(s) with whom you plan to work with and how your proposal connects to their expertise. Please contact the CEMO team member(s) prior to sending in your application and inquire about possibilities to collaborate. Preference will be given to applicants with shared interests with more than one CEMO team member
- the expected contribution to CEMO
- proposed start and end dates
- Names and contact information for two professional references, one of whom can possibly be a CEMO team member.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2023